My Favorite Food Puzzle Toys
Providing enrichment for our pets is important for their welfare. Food puzzle toys are easy ways to increase enrichment for your dog or cat. Here are a few of my personal favorites!
- Snuffle Mat
- Simply sprinkle your cat or dog’s kibble or a few treats on the mat! Click here to get 10% off your first order of my favorite dog treats.
- Make your own!
- Slow Bowl
- How to make it harder: put your dog’s food in the slow bowl with some water or other liquid* and freeze it!
- Kong Classic
- Kong Wobbler
- Just fill with your dog’s kibble and watch them go!
- Licki Mat
- Spread the mat with your pet’s wet food or something yummy like peanut butter* or yogurt*. Make it harder by freezing!
- Aquapaw Slow Treater:
- Similar to the Licki Mat, but this sticks to your wall and can make bathing or grooming your pet easier!
- For more ideas on how to provide enrichment to your dog or cat, I highly recommend the groups on Facebook called "Canine Enrichment" and "Feline Enrichment." There are specific toy recommendations, but there also plenty of posts of people coming up with creative ways to provide enrichment with things around their home or very cheap materials.
*Please make sure all ingredients are safe for your pet!